Terms and privacy
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern your use of the news website (the “Website”) operated by Aged Care Gurus Pty Ltd trading as Downsizing Made Simple (“us”, “we”, or “our”). By accessing or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not use the Website.
2. What do we do?
- We publish fiercely independent, straight-talking articles to educate you on downsizing matters … whether it’s a smaller home in your local suburb, a retirement village, lifestyle community, granny flat or any other housing arrangement.
- We are publishers. We are not financial advisers or product providers. We do not provide investment or property advice whether it is general advice or advice that is tailored to any reader’s personal situation.
- While we discuss potential options to questions on financial matters, these discussions should not be construed as general advice or advice that is tailored to any reader’s personal situation. These discussions are prepared purely to educate readers on downsizing matters.
- When we discuss questions from readers, our opinions should not be construed as general or personal advice and should be treated as educational information to help readers to ask questions, think about issues and be in an informed position when they speak to their own independent financial advisers.
- To be clear: You should seek independent financial advice before making decisions on financial matters.
The Website provides information and resources related to retirement, including but not limited to news, articles, tips, and advice (the “Content”). The Content is for general informational purposes only and is not intended as specific advice for any individual or situation. You should always seek the advice of a qualified professional before making any decisions related to retirement.
A WARNING FROM OUR LAWYER: Information provided by Downsizing Made Simple is general in nature and is prepared for educational purposes only and does not constitute general or personal financial advice. Before deciding to downsize you should consider seeking independent financial and legal advice that is tailored to your needs.
5. Warning acknowledgement
You acknowledge that Downsizing Made Simple has given you sufficient warning that any educational discussions or opinions given by Downsizing Made Simple through the Services, social media or other forums is information or opinion only and does not constitute general or personal financial advice.
6. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, as amended from time to time, you are not permitted to use the Services or Downsizing Made Simple social media or other forums.
Downsizing Made Simple collects personal information to conduct special offers, provide you with the Services and promote its services and those of its sponsors and business partners. Downsizing Made Simple may, for an indefinite period unless otherwise advised, use the information for future marketing, promotional, publicity, research and profiling purposes. If you do not consent to the use of your information for these purposes or you wish to access, update or correct personal information please advise us in writing.
8. Cookies and links
9. Limitation of liability
You acknowledge that Downsizing Made Simple will not be liable to you or your associates’ agents for any liability, claim, direct or indirect loss or lost opportunity or any other detriment suffered because of or in connection with your use, or reliance upon:
- the information or advice provided as part of any educational discussions published as part of the services or any other information accessed in connection with the Services or Downsizing Made Simple social media, or other forums;
- your use, or reliance upon, the information in any external website, including a website which is referred to by a hyperlink from the Service;
- any misrepresentations whether by statement or omission by third parties or any other defects in relation to any products;
- any failure of Downsizing Made Simple systems, including information technology and business systems;
- any services provided by, or representations or statements or opinions by a third-party, whether the third-party was recommended by Downsizing Made Simple.
10. Warrantees and acknowledgements
You acknowledge and agree that:
- the Services will not operate on a continuous basis, and may be unavailable from time to time including for maintenance purposes;
- Downsizing Made Simple reserves the right to alter, amend or cease the operation of the Services at its discretion without any notice;
- information and materials in the Services may contain inaccuracies and errors and we expressly exclude liability for any inaccuracies or errors;
- the Services are designed to inform and educate and Downsizing Made Simple does not intend the Services to influence your decision.
- if Downsizing Made Simple provides you with information and opinions, this has been prepared purely for educational purposes and does not constitute general or personal advice
- you should seek advice from a suitably qualified adviser before making any decisions about investments or dealing in financial products;
- Downsizing Made Simple will not, at any time, provide general advice.
- all referrals to third parties in the Services, social media or other forums do not constitute representations as to the merits of the product or the product provider or an endorsement; and
- the content on the Services, social media and other forums have not been prepared for use by persons in any jurisdiction where it is unlawful to provide these. The laws of other jurisdictions may restrict the Services, social media and other forums so all contracts for the services may only be created in Australia and by subscribing for services you acknowledge that the contract is created in Australia.
You represent and warrant to us that you:
- will be solely responsible for all your activities by accessing and using the Services;
- are over the age of 18 and have the legal capacity to enter these terms and conditions;
- will not use the Services in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Services or access to them to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- will not use any part of the Services that you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security to access the Services;
- will not use or attempt to use the Services for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purposes – this includes, but is not limited to, breaking passwords, social engineering, denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, infringing the intellectual property rights of any person, and spreading computer viruses and invading privacy.
You agree to indemnify and keep Downsizing Made Simple indemnified against any loss, damage, liability or cost incurred by you or your associates in connection with any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any other legal obligation by you or your use of or conduct of the Services or social media.
12. Forums and social media
These Terms and Conditions also apply to the use of any forums and social media accesses in conjunction with the Services. You acknowledge and agree that:
- Downsizing Made Simple does not endorse the accuracy or authenticity of any posts made by other people on any forums or social media;
- posts are not made by Downsizing Made Simple unless noted;
- Downsizing Made Simple, in its sole discretion, can withdraw any person’s access to a forum or social media without notice;
- you cannot offer for sale or advertise any products, services, charities or any other matters in posts on a forum or social media;
- posts in a forum or social media may not be genuine or accurate; and
- information about a post may be made available to other parties (including government regulators) at Downsizing Made Simple discretion and that other party may act on the post.
You represent and warrant to us that you:
- are responsible for any post which you make on a forum or social media;
- will not engage in misleading conduct (whether by statement or omission) on a forum or social media;
- you will not make a post on a forum or social media which breaches any law, these terms or constitutes defamation;
- will disclose if you have any interest, direct or indirect, in any financial product referred to in a post and must not make any posts that rely on inside information; and
- will not insert hyperlinks to financial product advice provided by licensees or authorised representatives other than Downsizing Made Simple.
13. Personal use only
The Services are only for your personal use, unless otherwise agreed in writing. You must not share access to the Services with other people or redistribute the content of the Services by any means.
14. Privacy notice
Subscribers and members are expressly forbidden from claiming or making any assertion that they, whether as an individual or representative of a company, are the author of any material contained in the Services or Downsizing Made Simple social media, or other forums.
The Terms and Conditions, your use of the Services, social media and forums and any dispute arising out of these is governed by and construed in accordance with all applicable laws in force in the State of Victoria, Australia from time to time and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Victoria.